What is an ITP?
Every Alignment Jackson committee is charged with developing a Collaboration Plan that engages a wide range of community organizations in an effort to improve outcomes for Jackson's children and youth. Once the Collaboration Plan is developed, the Committee then issues an Invitation to ParticipateTM or ITPTM, which describes resources that are needed from the community. Community organizations are asked to respond to the ITP if they would like to be part of the collaboration. ITP responses are reviewed by committees and the Alignment Operating Board monthly.
Organizations who submit a proposal in response to an ITP must agree to the following statements of intent and conditions:
- This will be a collaborative effort. To achieve the goals of AJ, organizations will need to work together to provide services.
- While there are currently no financial resources to support the effort in the short-term, AJ intends to seek significant resources to support successful models for collaboration and delivery.
- Your organization may need to redirect resources, personnel and otherwise, to participate in the initiative.
- When delivering services in the schools, your organization must comply with all Jackson Public Schools policies and procedures.
- Your organization agrees to report resources contributed to committee work quarterly, using AJ forms and processes.
- Your organization will be asked to provide process and output information (i.e. services actually provided, number of students served, student demographics, sites, etc.) on an annual basis.
If you don't see an ITP that fits your organization's mission, please check back often.
Alignment Jackson Open ITPs
>> Middle School Resource Guide (Middle School Committee) - Due: May 31, 2016
>> Academies of Jackson (High School Committee) - Due: May 31, 2016
>> Supporting JPS Elementary Schools (Operating Board) - Ongoing
>> Supporting JPS Middle Schools (Operating Board) - Ongoing
>> Supporting JPS High Schools (Operating Board) - Ongoing
Participation in the Alignment Jackson Collaborative Process for Community Engagement provides organizations with the following benefits:
- Improvements in outcomes for all Jackson children, particularly those who need additional support to realize their potential.
- Opportunities to contribute in areas in which you have specific skills and capacities.
- Opportunities for collaboration and for building individual agency capacity.
- Data and measurable results to support outcome reporting to funding agencies.
- The opportunity to be a partner with a city-wide initiative to redesign, elevate, and increase the effectiveness of the delivery of services to Jackson's school children.
- The ability to work directly with Jackson Public Schools (JPS), and to establish a strong relationship with key administrators and teachers.
- The opportunity to receive matching funds through grant requests by AJ to foundations and other sources of support.
- Your organization's contribution of resources to the work of AJ will enhance your potential to be a recipient of related funding.